Guided Tour in English
Rosso di Montalcino DOC
Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
Brunello di Montalcino IGT
- Guided excursion for max 8 people by our English speaking wine expert.
- Visit 2 owned family wineries in Montalcino (with tastings of Rosso di Montalcino, and Brunello di Montalcino).
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch and wine pairings at a local vineyard.
- A quick stop at the village of Montalcino.
Brunello di Montalcino small-group tour in a nutshell
The join-in Brunello wine tour runs twice weekly from April to November with minimum 2 participants. Space is limited, so book well in advance!
Wine tour destination
Our tour begins with a pleasant drive through the picture-perfect Tuscan hills to the small wine region of Montalcino just south of Siena. Along the way, our knowledgeable guides will give you a history of the region and pointers on how to best taste the wines during the tasting.
Tuscan wine tastings
Throughout this shared wine tour specially designed for small groups, you will have ample opportunity to enjoy the world-renowned Montalcino wines: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita, ENG) and Rosso di Montalcino DOC (Denominazione di Origine Controllata, ENG). You will also be treated to an unforgettable Tuscan meal.
Brunello di Montalcino is one of the most appreciated Italian wines. Aged for at least five years and made entirely of Sangiovese grapes, this elegant wine is especially appreciated by red wine lovers who looking for bold flavors and rich aromas.
Brunello di Montalcino wine tour highlights
In Montalcino we shall visit two hand-picked Brunello estates and have the opportunity to meet the winery owners. Under their expert guidance, you will explore the cellars, learn about the wines and the winemaking process.
from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Including lunch and more
Departure from Florence
Departure from Siena
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Visit 2 wineries in the Brunello di Montalcino wine region
- Wine tastings, vineyard and cellar guided tours
- Multi-course, freshly-made Tuscan meal paired with local wine
- Small groups of up to 12 people
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
If the client needs to cancel, these are the fees retained by ITALY AND TOUR SAS
- Up to 14 days before the tour date: 10% as administration fees
- Between 14 and 8 days: 25% as administration fees
- Between 7 and 3 days: 50% as administration fees
- Less than 3 days or no-show: 100% NO REFUND
Children on SHARED TOURS
- Recommended minimum age to participantes is 16 yrs.
- Infant and children are not allowed on shared tours. (infant age 1-3 yrs)