Guided Tour in Guide Tour in English
San Gimignano wine tasting experience with food
Combine a visit to the delightful Medieval town of San Gimignano with a stop in the Chianti Classico area. This private tour may run from either Florence or Siena and offers plenty of customization opportunities: optional stops may include a local olive oil producer or typical delicacies such as saffron.
- Full day tour with English speaking driver.
- Discover 2 quality wineries throughout Chianti Classico and San Gimignano regions.
- Wine tastings of red and white wines as well.
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Enjoy a delicious typical Tuscan meal at a small winery.
- A quick stop in San Gimignano, a historical medieval hilltop town.
Wine tour destination
A UNESCO World Heritage site since 1990, the town of San Gimignano is often nicknamed 'the Manhattan of Tuscany' for its distinctive skyline featuring as many as 14 Medieval towers.
Chianti & Vernaccia wine tastings
While San Gimignano is famous for a typical Tuscan white wine called Vernaccia di San Gimignano, the Chianti area is renowned for its world-class reds. With this tour, you will be able to enjoy the best of both wine worlds, not to mention the opportunity to sample some of the innovative international-style wines called Super Tuscans.
This tour is recommended for...
Art, history, and white wine lovers, as well as gourmets wanting to try some of Tuscany's best-kept secrets such as the prized San Gimignano saffron.
From 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Including lunch and more
Departure from Florence
Departure from Siena
- Private transportation in air conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour driver for the day
- 2 cellar visits
- Wine tastings of Chianti Classico, Riserva, Super Tuscans, Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
- Typical Tuscan lunch included at winery
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting
- All local taxes
If the client needs to cancel, these are the fees retained by ITALY AND TOUR SAS
- Up to 14 days before the tour date: 10% as administration fees
- Between 14 and 8 days: 25% as administration fees
- Between 7 and 3 days: 50% as administration fees
- Less than 3 days or no-show: 100% NO REFUND
Children on PRIVATE TOURS
- Children between 4-16 yrs, we will calculate the cost of the tour according to the number of adults, plus € 50 per child (this cost, of course, doesn't include the wine tasting)
- Infants between 1-3 yrs are free. Children's seat will be provided for upon request.
This page is for a PRIVATE TOUR that is an experience with your party, with no other attendees in the minivan.
If you are only 2 of you, you could join the shared tour, in this way you will enjoy the same wine tour experience with other wine lovers at a very special price.
Join the Chianti & San Gimignano wine tourshared
which is a maximum of 8 in the group.