Chianti Castle & Villa cellar tour
Visit two Chianti Rufina cellars, one in a Medieval castle and one in a Renaissance villa.
Chianti Rufina wine tour in a nutshell
Did you know? There are 7 other different Chianti denominations in addition to Chianti Classico. This exclusive day tour takes you to the Chianti Rufina wine region, renowned for the quality of its wines and the beauty of its countryside, as well as conveniently located just a short pleasant drive from Florence.
Wine tour destination
This tour takes you into the center of the Chianti Rufina wine territory that lies to the south-east of Florence. This region is known for some impressive Medieval castles and Renaissance country mansions.
Chianti wine tastings
You will taste several outstanding DOCG and IGT wines, and your expert tour guide will teach you how to best understand and enjoy wine. You will also learn how Chianti wine is made.
This tour is recommended for...
Art and history lovers wishing to learn about the roots of wine-making in Tuscany; wine lovers seeking memorable and exclusive wine experiences.
Chianti Rufina tour highlights
During this private wine tour from Florence you will have the rare opportunity to stop at one of the most beautiful wineries in the area, housed in a stunning Medieval castle, and enjoy an exclusive visit of its historic cellars.
Price from 340 eur
private wine tour
Wine tour briefly
340 per person
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All Yearfrom 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.English
including lunch and more
Availability and Price
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants are needed in order for the tour to be run.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All Year
schedule, detail and photo Chianti Castle & Villa cellar tour wine tour
Price 160 Eur per person. INCLUSIONS
- 9:30 a.m. Departure from Florence to reach the Rufina wine-growing region.
- 10:45 a.m. Stop at Castello del Trebbio for a visit of the the 12th-century cellar, followed by a wine tasting session.
- 1:00 p.m. Light lunch at a local restaurant.
- 2:30 p.m. We drive through the countryside where you can see different types of vineyards.
- 3:30 p.m. Second stop at the Tenuta di Bossi winery.
- 4:45 p.m. We head back to Florence, where the tour ends by 5:30 p.m.
- See you on your next trip!
- Transportation to and from Florence or its vicinity
- Expert English-speaking tour guide / driver
- Wine tasting fees at two wineries
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting
- Traditional Tuscan lunch in a Trattoria
- All local taxes
pick-up drop-off Florence
map Chianti Castle & Villa cellar tour
Small-group wine tour of 2 Chianti estates housed in a Medieval castle and a Renaissance villa.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March until December
Visit 3 wine estates to sample their Chianti Classico and Super-Tuscan wines and olive oil.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, From February until December
Experience the thrill of a truffle hunt in the Tuscan woods and enjoy a Chianti wine tasting session.
from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All year round