Guided Tour in English
- Full day educational tour with English speaking wine expert.
- Discover 3 quality wineries in Chianti Classico wine region.
- Tastings of Chianti Classico, Riserva, and Supertuscan.
- Olive oil tasting
- Typical Tuscan lunch included at a winery
Super Tuscan wine tour in a nutshell
This private day tour from Florence is designed to take private parties to some of the best small wineries producing so-called Supertuscan wines from special blends of international grape varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Wine tour destination
The category of so-called Super-Tuscan wines is a completely unofficial category. Supertuscan is not a wine zone like Chianti or Montalcino. Rather, it is a new style of Tuscan wine that some wineries started to make here in Tuscany at the end of the 1960s. The tour covers a selection of my favorite Super Tuscan wineries among Isole e Olena, Montevertine, I Balzini, Querciabella, Vecchie Terre di Montefili, and La Massa.
Tuscan wine tastings
Super-Tuscan wines are expensive (50/100 Euros per bottle and up), small-scale-production, international-styled blends, usually made from non-native grape varieties that are not traditional in Tuscany. The most typical blend is Cabernet and Merlot, but there are some Super-Tuscan wine types that incorporate other French grapes such as Syrah or Petit Verdot.
This tour is recommended for...
Curious wine lovers who want to learn what Tuscany's winemakers are experimenting with.
Supertuscan & Chianti tour highlights
I prefer to take my guests to small, hand-picked wineries around Florence, where they can taste these special blends as well as enjoy the beautiful countryside from the comfort of a luxury minivan.
from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Including lunch and more
Departure from Florence
- Transportation to and from Florence
- English-speaking tour leader/driver for the day
- Traditional Tuscan lunch at a Trattoria in Wine Country
- Wine tasting of Supertuscan wines in 2 wineries
- All local taxes
If the client needs to cancel, these are the fees retained by ITALY AND TOUR SAS
- Up to 14 days before the tour date: 10% as administration fees
- Between 14 and 8 days: 25% as administration fees
- Between 7 and 3 days: 50% as administration fees
- Less than 3 days or no-show: 100% NO REFUND
Children on PRIVATE TOURS
- Children between 4-16 yrs, we will calculate the cost of the tour according to the number of adults, plus € 50 per child (this cost, of course, doesn't include the wine tasting)
- Infants between 1-3 yrs are free. Children's seat will be provided for upon request.